[Support request] Search Box Acting Strange

Home Forums Support [Support request] Search Box Acting Strange

Home Forums Support Search Box Acting Strange

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jason

Having some issues that may or may not be related to a new plugin I installed. I installed the Participant Database to create a game database for our site. I am trying to determine what the issue with the SORT field is. When I click on the ascending radio button it activates the Search Box on the GP theme. I have tried removing my cache plugin but to no avail. I can’t figure out if this is a jscript or CSS conflict possibly causing an issue. Hoping you folks can at least point me in the right direction. Thanks!

https://www.superco-opbros.com/games-database-test/

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the sort filter is also using the search-item class on its sort by select elements. Which is the class that GP uses for its Navigation Search.

Its not currently possible for us to filter our Javascript to change the search-item class to something else. So you would need to disable the navigation search. You could always hook in a different search widget into the nav.

The plugin developer should also note that the search-item class is used with the core WordPress search forms. Which means it may conflict with over types of search plugins. It might be something the plugin developer should change to make it specific to their needs.

Jason

Excellent thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.