[Resolved] scrolling inside fixed left sidebar on “sider” theme possible ?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] scrolling inside fixed left sidebar on “sider” theme possible ?

Home Forums Support scrolling inside fixed left sidebar on “sider” theme possible ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jacob

Hi.

In the theme in your site library you have a theme called “Sider” which features a sticky/static left sidebar, which is perhaps technically a header.

How achievable/easy/difficult is it to have the sidebar placed under the header and just contain left sidebar ? It should then contain:

1. a searchbox,
    2. and just beneath it, four horizontal tabs,
    3. that in turn has 8 accordions inside each of them.
    4. And when searching have the search result shown in the sticky area, where I can click and have the results shown in the “main content” ?

Hope you get the concept and it makes sense. I am trying to separate functionality and user experience from visually organized information in the “main content”.

See for an example https://jnews.io/news/ – where Latest and Trending should be changed to tabs containing accordions and above a search box. But basically be placed the same way in relation to the rest of the site and behave like that. Basically that sidebar should be what is shown when clicking on the hamburger-menu when using a mobile.

Jacob

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I don’t believe something like this is possible without custom development, unfortunately.

It may be worth posting over on codeable.io to see what it would cost to have something built.

Jacob

Thank you, Tom.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.