[Resolved] Scribe theme home page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Scribe theme home page

Home Forums Support Scribe theme home page

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Christiano

Hi, I just bought GeneratePress in order to speed up my website.

In order to simpify all the process, after staging I choosed to install Scribe theme. I imported all the content theme as I would like to delete it at work done.

I would like to modify the Scribe standard home page but I can’t locate it… Could someone help me please?

Thanks in advance. πŸ€—
    Christiano

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Christiano,

First of all, welcome to GeneratePress!

The Front page of Scribe is the Blog page, and is modified through different Elements. You can view and edit the Elements by hovering on Elements in the Admin bar while viewing the page.

Example: https://share.getcloudapp.com/v1uQNdYn

You may find Articles with regards to Elements here: https://docs.generatepress.com/?s=element+overview

Christiano

Thanks a lot, all it’s more clear now. ☺️

If I understand well if I modify my blog page I can display a different page in regard to the default standard home page that is ingrained in the theme and can be modified only with the elements on page e niente altro.

Am I understand correctly? πŸ˜…

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

It depends on what kind of change you want to make to your frontpage/homepage πŸ™‚

It’s the posts/blog page which is an index page currently, the post card layout/style can be changed via block element.

If you want to change the homepage/frontpage to a static page, you can do so too.

Let me know!

Christiano

Hi Ying, thanks for your reply.

I like the standard home page but I would like to modify it a little bit.

The problem is that I cannot find it… What is the name of the page (I mean inside the pages section of WP)?

Thanks in advance!
    πŸ€—

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Christiano,

Scribe uses Elements to alter the front page. If you hover on Elements on the admin bar while viewing the front page, you’ll see the elements enabled. You can edit those to alter the page.

Example: https://share.getcloudapp.com/yAuQy7Ev

Christiano

Hi Fernando, I saw the elements but what about if I want to add something on the page?

Do I have to create an element for that? And I could I add an element to that page?

Sorry… ☺️

Fernando
    Customer Support

Since it’s a Blog page, you’ll need to use an Element. You can only add content the conventional way through the Block Editor if it’s a static page or post page.

What sort of content are you planning to add in your front page?

Christiano

I submitted to you my staging URL so you could have a broad idea of what I am doing…

Anyway, I would like to add a section about a product that I sell on Amazon and a search box that gives the visitor the ability to search in all the articles published.

I already done a simple blog page where I list all the articles written. An handy search box would be perfect in this page also.

Thanks a lot for your help! πŸ™πŸΌ
    Christiano

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can enable the navigation search at customizer > layout > primary navigation > Navigation Search.

As your homepage is an index page, so it doesn’t exist at dashboard > pages.

I would like to add a section about a product that I sell on Amazon

Where exactly you want this section to be on your homepage?

Christiano

Hi Ying!

You can enable the navigation search at customizer > layout > primary navigation > Navigation Search.

Doing this I will enable the search feature in the navigation bar and that would be a partial solution… I really would like to add a section dedicated to the search to induce the visitor to search of the page (home page and blog) to make all the searches he wants.

Starting from the top of the page the sections would be: HOME PAGE INTRO -> FEATURED ARTICLE -> MY PRODUCT -> SEARCH -> LAST ARTICLES -> FOOTER

Fernando
    Customer Support

Well, you can create a Block Element and hook it to after_header for instance, then add Blocks to create the layout for your Amazon Product. As for the Search functionality, there’s a WordPress Search Block you may use.

This video is a good starting point to learn more about designing a page/section with GenerateBlocks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7fwJECtgSg

Christiano

Hi Fernando the video seems very useful and I am going to follow every instructions contained in it.

Only to be sure before starting the work… Do I have to make a new static page (home page) configuring it as I want instead of using the default Scribe version. Is it correct?

Thanks in advance.
    πŸ€—

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Do I have to make a new static page (home page) configuring it as I want instead of using the default Scribe version.

No, you don’t have to. Fernando provided the solution to use a block element, hooked into after_header, set the location to frontpage. This block element will be inserted into your current frontpage at the after header position.

Christiano

Sorry but I am not able to follow you on this… Can you give me the link to the relative documentation?

I just started the design of a new static page (the future home page) and I have to understand in witch direction I have to go.

THANKS! πŸ€—

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.