[Resolved] Scaled Images Issue

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Scaled Images Issue

Home Forums Support Scaled Images Issue

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Brian

Hello,
    First, thanks for the amazing theme! I am trying to tweak a few last things on my new site to speed it up as much as possible. I am getting the “serve scaled images” error on speed tests. The big one is my main icon/logo (I believe), which I can’t understand because I resized it to the 200×200 that it is being sized to in CSS according to GTMetrix and reuploaded, but that didn’t fix it. There are also a couple of other images, like on this page: rgystudio.com/rgy-studio-portfolio, and I can’t figure those out either. I have tried some plugins for image optimization, but when they work, it’s only temporarily. Currently, I have Smush active, but it only worked briefly. Do you have any insights to help with this?
    Thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

1. I searched the site for the image URL being reported and it is the image in the From the Owner section.

2. Similar search and its almost every image in the Logo, Print and Social Media sections. In Elementor you can select which Media Attachment size should be served up. So you should be able to select a more appropriate size …. but i am not 100% sure as i don’t really use Elementor now.

Brian

Thank you for checking all of that. I am fixing these by switching to the WP gallery instead of elementor’s gallery, and also reuploaded in the image box to get the smush settings to take effect.
    I had a problem though when I worked on that. The header image disappeared (the logo). I can see it in some browsers, but in the customizer, the logo doesn’t show up. It is supposed to be the 200×200 px png image. On the browsers where it works, it is the previous image (…LQ-1). Is there any known issue that would cause the header to not load in some instances?
    Thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you clear your Autoptimize cache – if that doesn’t fix it – can you disable autoptimize so we can take a look

Brian

I cleared the cache again just to be sure (I had done a lot of cache purging when the problem first arose) and it still isn’t working. I’ve disabled Autoptimize now.
    Thanks!

Brian

While you’re checking my site, I also have a mobile header issue I can’t quite see how to fix. On this page: rgystudio.com/rgy-studio-portfolio, the header hides behind a few elements that I had to set z-indexes for. This was an elementor issue that was easily fixed with z-indexes, but I don’t exactly understand how to adjust the z-index of the mobile header without affecting anything else about it. Incidentally, the logo appears fine in the mobile sticky header.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I just checked out your site on GTMetrix and I’m not seeing any scaled image issues. In fact, you’re getting a 100% score.

I’m not seeing a mobile header logo at all right now – the src seems to be broken. It doesn’t look like the actual mobile header element is hidden behind anything.

Brian

Hi,
    Thanks for the info. So, yes, the scaled images were fixed with Smush, but the header image isn’t broken, I’ve uploaded multiple files of different resolutions and no matter what I use, it acts like it’s broken. Is there a compatibility issue with Smush and GP for the header image perhaps? I’m not sure how to troubleshoot this since I’ve tried all of the normal steps and continue to have the issue no matter what image I upload.

As for the mobile sticky header. It hides behind the button and the first section on rgystudio.com/rgy-studio-portfolio. Those have z-indexes set up to 13 (it was necessary because of an issue with the button on elementor), so I think I just need to set a z-index on the mobile sticky header, but I’m not sure how to do that.

These are the only remaining issues, as the Smush plugin plus not using elemntor’s galleries solved the rest of the image issues.

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you edit your Header Element and on the Site Header tab – is there a Site Logo been added there ?

Brian

Hi David,
    Ah, thank you! I had completely forgotten about the header element. I don’t know why Smush removed those photos, but they were all gone from the element. The header logo is set now.
    All that remains is this odd sticky header situation on the portfolio page. Is there any way to put the header above those z-indexed elements?
    Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Add this CSS:

.header-wrap {
        z-index: 1000;
    }
    Brian

Thank you so much guys! Everything working great now.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.