[Support request] Scaled Images issue

Home Forums Support [Support request] Scaled Images issue

Home Forums Support Scaled Images issue

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Bulgarea

Hi. I still have this (jpg.webp is resized in HTML or CSS from 1200×800 to 569×320. Serving a scaled image could save 38.3KiB (81% reduction) showing in GT Metrix even after I have added in layout/blog/single/posts the correct image size.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you provide a link to your site so we can take a look.
    You can edit your original topic and use the Site URL field to share the link privately.

Bulgarea

Done.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

In the Featured Image settings you have:

1. Media Attachment Size – this allows you choose the actual image to be loaded
    2. Set the Width and Height – this allows you to change the size of the image being displayed. Which is handy if you have an want to align the image to one side and other styles.

If you want to load the exact image then choose the correct Media Attachment Size and leave the Width and Height empty.

This article explains how to add new Media Attachment sizes for your choosing:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-image-sizes/

Make sure to run the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin to update any existing images. Any new images you upload will automatically create them.

Bulgarea

I have set the Width and Height, but for some reason, it doesn’t work. I have the exact same settings on other blogs with GP, and everything is fine.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

We changed the Image Resizer in the latest version of GP Premium as for a very small group of users it created problems with their servers.

The new version which only enables itself on new sites works differently.
    We now recommend you create a specific image size following this article, select that and DO NOT add the width and the height values.

Bulgarea

Thank you. it works now.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that !

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.