[Resolved] Safely share site to third party and not expose my GP licence

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Safely share site to third party and not expose my GP licence

Home Forums Support Safely share site to third party and not expose my GP licence

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Robin

Hi,

I would like to create a copy of a client’s site (that uses my GP license) to use as a staging site. The client has contracted a third party to develop a custom plugin for them and I want them to test on the staging site before deploying the plugin to production.

My worry is that this will expose my GP licence to this third party. Is there a way that I can safely create a copy of production without exposing my GP license?

Thank you

Robin

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the license key is obscured so the developer should not be able to extract that from your site.
    If you want to be doubly sure simply delete the license key string in Appearance > GeneratePress and Save. It will simply stop the site from receiving updates.

Robin

In that case I will delete the licence key from the staging site. I was concerned that deleting might have affected a GP Premium feature that was currently in use.

Thank you David.

Robin

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.