[Resolved] RSS Showing Featured Image Twice

Home Forums Support RSS Showing Featured Image Twice

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by David.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Aaron

Hi! I am not sure if you can help with this. I am trying to set up RSS feeds, but the posts are showing the featured image twice in Mailchimp. I have tried a few plugins to get around this but none of them have worked.

It looks like the images are being inserted into the RSS feed twice. I have gone over all my plugin settings and can’t find anything that would be causing it to be inserted.

My guess at the moment is that it is being inserted twice because I have the hero header element turned on in GP Premium. It might be pulling the featured image from the page (which I have disabled in the element settings) and also pulling the hero header image.

Do you know if there is a way where I can tell it to only push one image to the RSS feed? Thanks!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Aaron,

Your feed page is showing as plain HTML at this moment, could you check?

Aaron

Hi! I was able to fix it. I went into customize > layout > blog and turned off “display featured image” on single posts. That left just the hero header and that was reflected in my RSS feed.

Thank you for the quick response!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

just a note – in the Header Element, when the Background Image is set to Featured Image there is an option to Disable Featured Image:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/#disable-featured-image

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.