[Resolved] RSS feed lacking images

Home Forums Support RSS feed lacking images

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tom 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Vince

Hi all,

As I understand it, a theme is responsible for how the RSS feed is generated [this comes from feed.press, my RSS service I’ve used since feedburner went away]. Even w/o them in the picture, I am noticing the RSS is lacking having the first image attached to my RSS feed for posts. The post type I am using is Image, and the posts [for now] are very simple – a photo of the day, with a short description of the photo below it as the post text. Clearly an RSS reader will wonder what the text is about if they don’t also see the photo. 🙂

I’ve run another blog very similar to this which does include the photo in the RSS feed [the blog is offline now as I do major re-working to it, so I can’t easily check how that one is working, but it is not using GP as its theme].

Can you point me to the documentation that may help me solve this issue? Thanks very much!

GeneratePress 2.0.1
    GP Premium 1.5.6

Tom Lead Developer

Hi there,

Is your RSS option set to full text or summary in “Settings > Reading”?

Vince

It was set to summary – once I set it to full text, the image showed up. Thanks for the tip!

Tom Lead Developer
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.