[Resolved] right sidebar showing widgets – nothing in backend

Home Forums Support [Resolved] right sidebar showing widgets – nothing in backend

Home Forums Support right sidebar showing widgets – nothing in backend

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Markus Wirz

Hello all,

I need support because of the right sidebar.

In “article view” page is showing the right sidebar even in backend is nothing added to the right sidebar widget. It shows the “search field” and the “Archive” in the right sidebar.

The WP backend preview the right sidebar is also showing “search field” and “Archive”.

In backend I’ve checked “customizer – Layout – Blog” and “customizer – Layout – widget”. On top I checked directly in in “widgets” in backend. In every case it is swithced of (blog) or there are not items visible in right sidebar widget.

Background info…
    – setup with “template” MERCH; Previous was the “Volume”
    – I’m new to wordPress and GeneratePress (joomla before)
    – I can more or less read code like CSS, HTML or php, but I’m not able to code on an empty sheets

Thank you for any idea and hint.

Hope I was able to explan properly because I’m not an englisch language native speaker.

Greets
    Markus

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Those 2 widgets are default widgets when a sidebar layout is activated. Can you take a look at this article and see if it makes sense?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/sidebar-layout/#default-widgets

If not, can you guide me to the page in question? I’m not exactly sure what you meant by “article view”.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Markus Wirz

Hi Leo,

thank you for your increadable fast answer. Almost in seconds. The link you send helped out allready. I checked some of the articles imported from joomla. There I noticed that the default layout was overwriten with “content + sidebar”.

I switched back. It work out now.

thanks a lot.

greets
    markus

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad I could help ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.