[Support request] Right sidebar not showing

Home Forums Support [Support request] Right sidebar not showing

Home Forums Support Right sidebar not showing

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    aurelien

Hello,

I have recently installed Generatepress on my site. Fantastic theme. The best I have seen so far (i have used WP for 7 years).

However, I am facing an issue with my right sidebar. It’s not showing on single posts (except on the homepage).

I have read every possible forum answers and tried everything i could on the customize panel but can’t find the solution.

Any idea what’s causing the problem?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

glad to hear you’re enjoying the theme.

The Customiser > Layout > Sidebars > Single Post Sidebar Layout is where you assign the global setting. Let me know.

EDIT: Ok, so looking at the Site, the right sidebar is set for the single post. But is not being output. This is most likely a plugin conflict, first thing i would test is to remove the adverts and see if that fixes the problem.

aurelien

I have deactivated all the plugins. Removed the ads for a while. Nothing changed. Still no sidebar.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there, it looks like the problem is resolved, before you updated i found this ad code which was breaking the sidebar – see my comment against the </div>:

<p style="text-align: left;"><div class='code-block code-block-6' style='margin: 8px 0; clear: both;'>
    <script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
    <ins class="adsbygoogle"
         style="display:block"
         data-ad-format="autorelaxed"
         data-ad-client="######"
         data-ad-slot="#####"></ins>
    <script>
         (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});</div> /* This </div> is not required and is breaking the sidebar */
    </p>
    aurelien

Thank you David. Actually the ad code works fine. It’s a code from Google and i use the same code over more than 20 websites.

What’s breaking the theme seems to be the plugin AdInserter

Everything works fine when it’s deactivated. However, it’s a problem since the shortcodes are placed manually on 130+ articles. It’s a very important plugin for the site.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yes, the ad code is fine, its the additional </div> which is being inserted (presumably) by the plugin that is causing the issue. You may need to reach out to the plugin author for help.

Where are you manually adding the shortcode?

aurelien

Hi David. Yes you were right! It was the code you mentioned indeed.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thats good to hear, is this now resolved?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.