[Resolved] Right-Click on Primary Navigation Menu locks highlight color

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Right-Click on Primary Navigation Menu locks highlight color

Home Forums Support Right-Click on Primary Navigation Menu locks highlight color

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jeff

I found a quirk with the primary nav menu and it’s right here on your site as well.

Hovering menu item changes color to blue – check
    Clicking on menu item changes color to blue to designate current page selection – check

Right-clicking a menu item and selecting [open in new tab] or [open in new window] leaves that selection highlighted blue on the current screen as if it were now the current active page. – Quirky

I’m guessing this is not the intended effect. Tested using Chrome and Firefox on Windows 7. WordPress 4.7.4 and 4.7.5 with and without GP Premium.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Jeff,

This actually is intended, it’s caused by your click focusing on an element.

This makes the elements accessible. You can press tab and it will cycle through your menu items/open sub-menus and tells you which item you’re focusing on.

Jeff

I understand that. The target opens with the highlight as expected. However, the source window switches the color bar item, although the focus of the source window has not changed. Hovering over other menu items appropriately changes the color, but the previous item retains the highlight as well. I’m just wondering if there is an easy way to force the focus color in the current page back to the current page/menu selection when the target is another tab or window.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hover and focus are two different things. In order to lose focus on an item, you need to focus somewhere else (click any other item/area).

You could use CSS to make the focus state look like the usual state, but it would make your site much less accessible to those who need it.

Jeff

OK. Thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.