[Resolved] Revert update from GeneratePress 1.12.2

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Revert update from GeneratePress 1.12.2

Home Forums Support Revert update from GeneratePress 1.12.2

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I have visited the /test site and i am seeing the same style as the right hand image you provided. What am i missing?

Leon

The right hand image is what I had. The left hand image is what is looks like after the update. The main difference is in the <HR>.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

In the /test site i see the same as the right hand image – can you clear any browser caches or check it on another device ?

Leon

mbo-today.nl is on three different computers also like the (wrong) left hand image.
    mbo-today/test is the right version and it is on the right hand side.

Don’t you see different version at mbo-today.nl and mbo-today.nl/test ?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

In the /test site, you have this CSS added which is changing the <hr> color:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/b1dGAKd5yM

And that CSS is missing here:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/CVJ6u51KX

Does that answer your question?

Leon

That css is present in customized css in both sites though, in SiteOrigin CSS:

customized css

Apparently these particular lines of that customized css are not working anymore. The rest seems to be still working as always.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

What happens if you move that block of CSS to the Customizer > Additional CSS ?

Leon

That worked, thank you.

Do you think it is a good idea to move all additional css from Site Origin CSS to Customizer > Additional CSS?
    Site Origin CSS was a very handy plugin when I build the site, but I don’t necessarily need it anymore. And I guess less plugins is better.

Leon

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Do you think it is a good idea to move all additional css from Site Origin CSS to Customizer > Additional CSS?

Yes 🙂

Leon

I did move all additional css at once from Site Origin CSS to Customizer > Additional CSS and turned off Site Origin CSS, but that didn’t have the right result (the “bad” HR actually came back).
    I want to try to move the Site Origin CSS to Customizer > Additional CSS one step at the time.

Do you know/assume if “your” Customizer > Additional CSS maybe works totally different than Site Origin CSS?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Do you know/assume if “your” Customizer > Additional CSS maybe works totally different than Site Origin CSS?

The Additional CSS in the customizer is actually a WordPress core feature and it should work 🙂

I’m not sure how Site Origin CSS works but you shouldn’t need that.

Leon

So, I did move all additional CSS from Site Origin CSS to Customizer > Additional CSS and turned off Site Origin CSS. Most works just right, apart from a few minor issues on the homepage.

• The Home-button had a lighter background. That is gone now (at the other buttons it works well)
    • The space between the smaller headlines and the border above has changed (homepage only, I think). I can’t find what css affects those particular margins/paddings.

On the image I’ve indicated the differences. The right hand part was before update.

Maybe you can help me here?

Thanks, Leon

Weird margins in homepage

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Any chance you can open a new topic for the new questions and link us to the page(s) in question?

The home button color should just be a customizer option.

This one is getting long.

Thanks 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.