- This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 4 months ago by David.
February 24, 2021 at 4:43 pm #1671397Vijay
Loving new theme builder functionality using elements. However, each element needs a location set (page or post).
Is there an ability to create reusable dynamic blocks?
I want to create a dynamic reusable block (with featured image, title, excerpt and permalink) that displays child-pages or allows the author to select a post or page – something like https://wordpress.org/plugins/visual-link-preview/February 25, 2021 at 1:34 am #1671737DavidStaffCustomer Support
glad to hear you like the new feature.
Dynamic content within the editor is not something the new Block Element was designed for. GP+GPP will only ever generate content for output at theme level.
But a future feature of GenerateBlocks Pro will be to add Dynamic content at the editor/content level.
But i am not sure exactly what you’re trying to do – what you’re describing sounds like what the Post Archives do or what WP Show Posts does… do you have an example site or a mockup i can see to get a better understanding ?February 25, 2021 at 3:56 am #1671904Vijay
My apologies. 2 different requests:
1. I want to create visual links to child-pages. This blog page has links to all my posts. Rather than a simple link, each item includes featured image, title and excerpt. Can we create similar links to any sub-pagws automatically. For example, Services page should automatically display links to all sub-pages. Each item would include the title and featured image of the sub-page. Perhaps WPShowPosts is a better fit.
2. A block to create links to any page or post. Allow user to search for page or post. Waiting for GB pro for dynamic features to facilitate this.February 25, 2021 at 4:27 am #1671944DavidStaffCustomer Support
No apologies necessary – i am low on Coffee so i get easily confused lol
1. Yes, i think WP Show Posts would be the way to go with this.
2. Something for us to think about there 🙂 Definitely a niche idea!February 25, 2021 at 5:34 am #1672022Vijay
Thanks David, will try WPShowPostsFebruary 25, 2021 at 6:21 am #1672079DavidStaffCustomer SupportMay 18, 2021 at 5:38 am #1787443BBQ Steve
Also finding the dynamic content blocks really useful!
‘But a future feature of GenerateBlocks Pro will be to add Dynamic content at the editor/content level’
So to clarify this, when creating posts/pages there will be a dynamic block option to feature meta field data within the page design?May 18, 2021 at 6:08 am #1787503
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.