[Resolved] Reusable Dynamic Blocks

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Reusable Dynamic Blocks

Home Forums Support Reusable Dynamic Blocks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Vijay

Loving new theme builder functionality using elements. However, each element needs a location set (page or post).

Is there an ability to create reusable dynamic blocks?

I want to create a dynamic reusable block (with featured image, title, excerpt and permalink) that displays child-pages or allows the author to select a post or page – something like https://wordpress.org/plugins/visual-link-preview/

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

glad to hear you like the new feature.
    Dynamic content within the editor is not something the new Block Element was designed for. GP+GPP will only ever generate content for output at theme level.
    But a future feature of GenerateBlocks Pro will be to add Dynamic content at the editor/content level.

But i am not sure exactly what you’re trying to do – what you’re describing sounds like what the Post Archives do or what WP Show Posts does… do you have an example site or a mockup i can see to get a better understanding ?

Vijay

Hi David,
    My apologies. 2 different requests:

1. I want to create visual links to child-pages. This blog page has links to all my posts. Rather than a simple link, each item includes featured image, title and excerpt. Can we create similar links to any sub-pagws automatically. For example, Services page should automatically display links to all sub-pages. Each item would include the title and featured image of the sub-page. Perhaps WPShowPosts is a better fit.

2. A block to create links to any page or post. Allow user to search for page or post. Waiting for GB pro for dynamic features to facilitate this.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

No apologies necessary – i am low on Coffee so i get easily confused lol

1. Yes, i think WP Show Posts would be the way to go with this.

2. Something for us to think about there 🙂 Definitely a niche idea!

Vijay

Thanks David, will try WPShowPosts

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

BBQ Steve

Also finding the dynamic content blocks really useful!

‘But a future feature of GenerateBlocks Pro will be to add Dynamic content at the editor/content level’

So to clarify this, when creating posts/pages there will be a dynamic block option to feature meta field data within the page design?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

thats correct GB Pro ( in the future ) will have dynamic data options at the block level that can be accessed in the post editor.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.