[Resolved] Reusable Blocks

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Reusable Blocks

Home Forums Support Reusable Blocks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Barbara

Hello,

I have been using GB Pattern blocks and have made some modifications and then saved them as Reusable Blocks.

Can I copy or rename them?

I did not realise that now any changes I make to my reusable block asks to be saved. How can I use the reusable block and not have changes to made to other instances of the block? I bit hard to explain.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

1. go to GenerateBlocks > Local Patterns.
    2. Create a new Local pattern, and import your GB Pattern Block.
    3. Make any changes you want to your local pattern.
    4. Now when you add the Pattern to the page, use the Local Pattern, as each instance of them are separate. So changing one will not affect the others.

Barbara

Hello David,

I need some more help here…

I have 4 reusable blocks that are on my site now; I have exported them as JSON files. Is this want you meant? Do I now import this into GB Local Patterns?

I found I was able to copy the Pattern block and paste it…

I am in GB and have copied one of the reusable blocks and named it Testimonial Hero. It is now visible in my local patterns in the GB pattern library. Is this correct? It is showing a double diamond icon with Testimonial Hero in the container.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I am in GB and have copied one of the reusable blocks and named it Testimonial Hero. It is now visible in my local patterns in the GB pattern library. Is this correct? It is showing a double diamond icon with Testimonial Hero in the container.

Ok, now in your GB local patterns convert the Reusable block to a Regular Block:

2022-08-25_14-03-44

Now you can simply add a Local Pattern to your site, and each instance you add will be unique.

Barbara

Thanks David, done,

BR, Barbara

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.