[Support request] Retina Logo Using Elementor

Home Forums Support [Support request] Retina Logo Using Elementor

Home Forums Support Retina Logo Using Elementor

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Angela

Hi Tom,

I’m sorry if you’ve been asked this a million times. I am using Elementor Pro. I have set my 1x and 2x site logo images in Appearance > Customize > Site Identity.

However, the logo is pulling the 1x version on Retina devices. I’ve reviewed Elementor documentation, and their Site Logo widget says it uses the theme for rendering the logo, hence why I am writing to you.

Have you encountered this with Elementor only pulling the 1x image in its headers? Should I remove the 1x logo and just force it to pull the 2x or upload the 2x in both spots to make it use the 2x? I think Elementor is not seeing the 2x version that is set in the Customizer but don’t know if that’s a theme issue or Elementor issue.

Thanks!

Angela

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

It doesn’t look like Elementor is using GP code at all when it comes to rendering the logo. Their srcset attribute isn’t targeting retina screens, which is likely why it’s not working for you.

You could:

a) Use the theme site logo option.
    b) Ditch the two different logos, and upload one logo which is 2x the size it needs to display at. Then use CSS (or Elementor) to reduce the size of it so it’s half the size of the image itself.

Hope this helps 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.