[Support request] Restrict Link Style On Homepage

Home Forums Support [Support request] Restrict Link Style On Homepage

Home Forums Support Restrict Link Style On Homepage

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by David.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    eastwood501

Hi,

How can I restric link styling on specific pages. For example on my static home page, I have a few H3 titles that link to post pages. However i dont want any link underline or colour stylings that are inherited from the customizer. I am happy to keep link styling on blog posts but not on specific pages.
    Is there a CSS code that i can apply to restrict link styling on homepage?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

its probably easier to disable the Link underline in Customizer > General.
    Then add some to style the links you do want using some CSS eg.

.single .entry-content p a {
        text-decoration: underline;
    }

That will just add decorations to links inside a paragraph of your single posts.

For the H3 on the home page i would need to see the site to provide the best solution for that.

eastwood501

Hi, I have included my URL link below as I am using a staging site.
    On the homepage about three quarters down the page you will see two post headings & their meta links that are blue. ‘Canopy Chair & Sleeping Bags’. The blue styling is being pulled from the customizer options. I am happy with this link styling on single posts but not on the home page H3’s and meta.
    The style I would like to keep are the posts above the posts with the blue titles called ‘RV Awning & Burning Stoves’.
    Is there a way to target the blue link styles and restrict or force change colour?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ok so those headings are added using a GB Headline Block, with that block selected you can set the Colors > Links in the blocks sidebar colors panel.

eastwood501

Hi David, thanks for your reply. What a simple solution. I feel like such a dummy i spent hours online looking for a simple solution. Thanks for showing me the way. Im still getting used to GB Blocks pro and Generate Press pro coming from elementor. Cheers. Now marked as resolved

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad i could be of help 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.