[Resolved] Responsiveness on mobile not working

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Responsiveness on mobile not working

Home Forums Support Responsiveness on mobile not working

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nikki

My header images on pages are not responsive at all on mobile. On some smartphones the slides on the home page ar not responsive either – they seem to be on other smartphones (I am using an iPhone 5 and it is not). I have deactivated Autoptimize and have no other cache plugins. Everything is up to date and I have tried deactivating all plugins but it made no difference. I have read through the forums and tried the different css suggestions but nothing has worked. I would appreciate any guidance.

Thanks so much,

Nikki

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

for the Header Elements you can set the padding separately for Mobile. So you can either reduce the top and bottom padding form mobile, or use % top and bottom padding as this will respond to the screen width.

I am not able to replicate the issue with the slider though – have you spoken with the Plugin author maybe they can shed some light on it.

Nikki

Thanks David,

I am a little confused. I had thought the theme was completely responsive and optimised so that it would work great on mobile. If I have to work out the padding myself and add that to the css for something that seems pretty standard – adding an image to the header, that does not feel particularly responsive. Is this something everyone has to work out or is it something to do with how I have set up the page?

Nikki

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Background images are not responsive by nature – it’s not a theme thing.

The focus and size of every background image are different as well so it’s impossible to set some sort of default desktop and mobile padding that works for everybody, unfortunately.

When we say the theme is completely responsive, it’s referring to all the elements that can be responsive – like mobile toggle shows up when the screen width is smaller and sidebar goes to the bottom of the page on mobile.

Let me know if this makes sense ๐Ÿ™‚

Nikki

OK thanks for the clarity Leo.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.