[Resolved] Responsive View Controls using GenerateBlocks

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Responsive View Controls using GenerateBlocks

Home Forums Support Responsive View Controls using GenerateBlocks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Angus

Hi I’ve just moved over to using GPP and GB and have a question regarding the editor. When I click the Tablet or Mobile buttons here https://postimg.cc/JsWqZnvx should the viewport window change in response to me clicking the buttons? I am able to make changes to Tablet or Mobile, but I’m unable to see how those changes look in real time, prior to saving. Am I missing something? Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the responsive views are part of Gutenberg and are still flagged as an experimental feature. Once that feature has stabilised we will switch on our responsive views in the editor.

Angus

Okay thanks David, it’s good to know I’m not losing my mind!

Thanks for your quick response.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Michael

Hi

In the editor, I find the preview widths for mobile and tablet to be unhelpful since they are 360px and 780px respectively and therefore don’t match the GP break points of 768px and 1024px.

From your response above, I appreciate that this is a WordPress thing not a GP thing. I’ve tried googling for some way to alter the settings for this Gutenberg preview control – with no success. Do you happen to know of a way to change this?

thanks as ever!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

yeah its controlled by WP and there is no current means of changing that today.
    But you should have no issues with seeing the responsive designs in GenerateBlocks if you set a Tablet Grid for example this will be displayed ‘correctly’ in the Tablet Preview.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.