[Support request] Responsive columns, block settings, etc

Home Forums Support [Support request] Responsive columns, block settings, etc

Home Forums Support Responsive columns, block settings, etc

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Marc

Hi, this might not be a real GeneratePress question,
    I’m more or less wondering if my method is good practice, and asking what GenerateBlocks might come up with…

Right now I have a page with 3 columns next to each other. On tablet 2 columns are next to each other, and 1 moves below. And on smartphone all 3 columns are stacked on top of each other. It would be nice if Gutenberg had something to control the number of columns based on viewport. As far as I can see there’s no such option. Is there a chance GenerateBlocks comes up with a kind of ‘responsive columns’ block? Or is it already possible somehow?

To solve my main problem (the vertical spacing between columns when they’re stacked on top of each other in mobile view), I created a GB container at the bottom of each column. For desktop view I set the top and bottom padding to 0. For tablet and mobile view I set the top and bottom padding both to 25px.

This creates some kind of ‘responsive spacer’ However: is it good practice? Or are there better ways to achieve this?

Once again, it’s more related to Gutenberg than to GeneratePress I guess; however I’m wondering what kind of solutions GeneratePress/Blocks might have, or might get in the future.

Cheers,
    Marc

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

select each Grid Block, then switch to Tablet ( or Mobile ) and change the Container Width. For Tablet you can set each of them to 33% to keep them in a row, or 100% to stack them like Mobile.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.