[Support request] Resized image and loss of quality

Home Forums Support Resized image and loss of quality

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Vinícius

Good afternoon, I have installed the Generatepress theme and the Generatepress premium pluggin, my problem has been the images of the unique product and catalog.

In the single product:
    My images are configured to be displayed at 600×600, and this is the size I upload.
    But they are being displayed at 625×625, which causes a loss of quality.
    I have already consulted the additional CSS code and all my settings and I cannot find the reason for this to happen.

In the catalog images:
    They are configured to display at 300×300 and are displayed in the correct size, but many images are of low quality, I would like help to avoid this great loss in quality.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

in Customizer > Layout > Woocommerce:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/woocommerce-overview/#single-product

You can adjust the Product Image Area Width.
    Currently it is 50% if the container which is 1250px ( minus the theme padding ). Hence it is filling 625px.

You can either reduce the Product Image Area Width or use some CSS to set a max width:

.woocommerce #content div.product div.images,
    .woocommerce div.product div.images,
    .woocommerce-page #content div.product div.images,
    .woocommerce-page div.product div.images {
        max-width: 600px;
    }
    Vinícius

Thank you very much for your help and quick response, I put 48% and solved the first question.

Regarding the loss of quality of the images in the catalog, is there anything I can do to make the loss of quality less?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I’m not seeing any noticeable quality loss on your homepage – did you get this resolved?

Let us know 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.