[Support request] Resize custom font to mobile viewport

Home Forums Support [Support request] Resize custom font to mobile viewport

Home Forums Support Resize custom font to mobile viewport

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jeff

I would like to like to use multiple google fonts on the site I am working on. I can change the system font in the appearance->customize->typography area for the site-wide changes, but when I add another font via @import using Simple CSS the fonts do not scale to a mobile viewport (i.e. 480 wide) like fonts customized through the “appearance->customize->typography” menu.

I need to deploy various fonts on different pages to meet the sites design, and it needs to scale to desktop, tablet and mobile viewports.

1. can I add more items to the “appearance->customize->typography” menu?
    a. probably not
    2. Is there a css tag I can employ in Simple CSS to allow the fonts to properly scale?
    a. I tried VH and VW but I can’t seem to get those tags to work for me.

jeff

oops! I can do it using @media screen and (max-width: 600px) and (min-width: 300px) in Simple CSS.

Seems to be working just fine now, but it would be easier (for me) if you had a simpler way of doing it in “appearance->customize->typography”.

Tom, you and you staff have created a very easy to use and “powerful” WordPress tool. 5 stars to you and the people you work with.

jeff

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Jeff,

Some of the typography options do have mobile toggle size, like Primary Navigation.

We have plan to introduce more in the future 🙂

Here are the breakpoints we recommend: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/responsive-display/

Glad you are enjoying GP!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.