[Resolved] [Request] Add-on "Shopping cart in menu"

Home Forums Support [Resolved] [Request] Add-on "Shopping cart in menu"

Home Forums Support [Request] Add-on "Shopping cart in menu"

• This topic has 14 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    verdi

Hi Tom, Leo and/or other wonderful GP-eople,

JUST THE QUESTION:
    Please consider adding a premium add-on to enable WooCommerce cart to menu(s).

FOR:
    Anyone who want a fast clean WooCommerce shop (should be more than a few).

ELABORATION:
    Thanks to Adam from WPCrafter and Ben from Elementor, I became very enthusiastic about GP very quickly. Just bought Pro this weekend and already built a simple site with in record speed (https://ipmacompact.eu/). I’m only missing that one single thing.

After asking and searching around on how to get a Woo-Cart in the menu, I found nothing that doesn’t require custom code (After using Divi+Child in many projects, I really want to prevent that). Adam suggested I simply ask you. So here it is πŸ™‚

SUGGESTION:
    This could be part of the Menu Plus add-on -OR- a new add-on introducing a few more e-commerce specific functions like different ways to show different cart display options.

OFFER:
    I’ll gladly help beta testing (or buy you guys a few coffee’s) for this functionality.

I hope this add-on suggestion fit’s with your ‘no bloatware’ policy and helps attract even more GP Premium customers.

Cheers,

Verdi.

Ps. Apologies for any bad English and the length of this request message.

GeneratePress 1.3.44
    GP Premium 1.2.94
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Verdi,

First of all, that is a great looking site. Really nice.

Are you looking for something like this built into GP?: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-menu-bar-cart/

Let me know πŸ™‚

verdi

Yes! That’s exactly what I mean Tom, thank you for answering me.

This is what I would like to see as a premium add-on in GP.

I also truly believe there are many more GP users like me how would love to have this and thus avoid using a separate plugin. If there is any doubt, I’m sure a poll on the site (or added to next newsletter) will confirm this ‘belief’.

Are you willing to consider adding this to GP?

Thanks in advance for any answer to this question.

Amos

Tom this plugin is good but not perfect.
    1.mini cart widget (open on hover) will be welecome.
    and more basic features that can be solve in woocommerce GP add on.
    2.Number of products per page+row+mobile
    3.customize the colors:font\Tables\buttons.

verdi

Thanks Amos for proving there is interest for this. Can’t wait to see if Tom is willing to consider this add-on.

Roberto Enrique

Yes, this can be a really nice addition to the menu plus add-on

I was already analyzing a way to do so recycling some code from the Woocommerce official Storefront theme which handles really well this functionality, is a really nice move the way they include the cart widget in the top menu.Another interesting thing is the way the cart behaves on mobile.

Following…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

A WooCommerce add-on definitely isn’t a bad idea. I have it written down as a to-do πŸ™‚

verdi

Woohoo! Great news!

Please let me know if you need a beta tester for it. I have a few test shops to try it out on.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    Adam Preiser

Yes I’ll jump in here as well to say that there is MASSIVE interest in a premium WooCommerce extension for GeneratePress. WooCommerce, well ecommerce, is really the future, hence why Automatic bought them when they could have just forked the project.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Appreciate the feedback, Adam πŸ™‚

It’s getting bumped up on my list for sure.

bluebit

before i download this plugin https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-menu-bar-cart/

is there a GP add-on being worked on or already available?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    bluebit

yes, but i’d like the change the menu cart icon to the previous icon, for some reason woocommerce updated the cart icon and i liked the older icon, looked better.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That would involve creating your own custom font with the old icon. It may be worth disabling the GP option and using that plugin you mentioned if you like the look more πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.