[Support request] Request for technical issues

Home Forums Support Request for technical issues

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Cody

I have installed the plugin “related posts by taxonomy”. And I want the right side bar to display the related pages of the same parent. I have added “related posts by taxonomy” Widget to the right side bar in the wordpress generatepress background. But there are only posts type (post_type=post) in the background, how to add page type (post_type=page). How do I achieve it, do I need to add functions to the theme or customize it? Please give guidance or code.

Sample as below & please check the attactments:
    The goal achievement result is: when accessing “Page A-1” (Domain.com/page-a/page-a-1/), the right column will display “Page A-2” and “Page A-3” under the same parent category, and others will not be displayed.

Similarly, when accessing “Page B-2” (Domain.com/page-b/page-b-1/), the right column will display “Page B-2” and “Page B-3” under the same parent category, and others will not be displayed.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Have you checked with the plugin support for this?

Cody

Hi,
    Yes, but not very helpful. Please give some guidance.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

by default Pages do not have categories – so how have you added Categories to pages ?

Cody

Hi,
    Thanks.
    No category is added. But page can have parent page, how to display pages under the same parent category.
    Looking forward to your reply.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Try the Page List plugin – it has a siblings option:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/page-list/

Cody

Hi,
    Thanks!
    But, I still use the “related posts by taxonomy” plugin. I don’t want to change other plugins. How can I switch the post-type and switch “post-type=post” to “post-type=page” display?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

There is not much we can do about a 3rd party plugins options. The theme has no control over that. You would need to have that custom developed or accept that another plugin is not a bad thing if it provides what you need.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.