[Resolved] Reporting Bug With Page Headers

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Reporting Bug With Page Headers

Home Forums Support Reporting Bug With Page Headers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Satori

Copied from my post on Facebook:

Tom I recently asked for support for setting the header image to be: Center Center. I was provided with a css code that did the job (Thank you so much Leo). Anyway I noticed that everything looks fine when you open the post, but when scrolling down the picture doesn’t move properly (I have parallax active) and the picture returns to default position, no longer center center.

I suppose this is a bug so I’m reporting it, and anyway it would be a nice feature have the option to set the position of the page image.

Example link: https://luzocultaoficial.com/2017/09/09/netflix-death-note-una-adaptacion-olvido/

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The issue here is the parallax script sets up the position of the image, which clashes with center center. I’ll see if I can tweak the script to work with any position.

Satori

Amazing! Thanks Tom.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Looking at this some more. The issue is that the parallax effect works by moving the background position from the top of the image to the bottom.

The trouble I’m having is there no way in javascript to calculate the relative position of “center”. So the script can’t see the y position as center, and then change the value based on that initial value.

Not sure if I’m explaining that clearly – it’s complicated! I’ll continue looking, but it’s looking like the parallax option will require the vertical position of the background image to be 0.

Satori

I’m not a programmer but I totally understand the challenge! For me it’s ok, I can use the default position. I just wanted to report what I discovered, not try to bring you troubles. I actually noticed this also happens with Elementor, it must be for the same reason.

Thank you so much Tom! I’m looking forward the Blog Addon update and what you announce some weeks ago about some Child Theme related stuff.

Best vibes from Mexico.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yea, not an easy one. I’ll keep an eye out for a solution.

Thank you! Blog update is almost ready for alpha testing 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.