[Resolved] Replicating a theme style

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Replicating a theme style

Home Forums Support Replicating a theme style

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Zad

Hi, I recently joined GeneratePress because I’d done some extensive research and realized that it would be better to join a solid community and theme framework that puts emphasis on performance, security, and SEO, amongst several other features. My current theme is something I highly enjoy having but I was wondering if it was possible to get this look with GeneratePress because I was messing around with the customization options a bit and I’m not exactly sure if I can recreate it. Does anyone have any insight into this?

The current look I’m aiming for is displayed on my blog right now, via the theme Soledad: https://www.lesslikely.com/

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Zad

glad you started using GeneratePress.
    The main formatting can be done within the Customiser, for fonts etc. You can align the image to the left in the Customiser > Layout > Blog > Featured Images > Archives. Location above title and Align left and then adjust the size of the image to suit.

You can also remove the tags and comments from this option.

If your happy to add a little code then we can help with the other changes. For example this PHP snippet here will move the Meta (categories) above the title:

add_action( 'wp', 'tu_move_footer_entry_meta' );
    function tu_move_footer_entry_meta() {
        if ( is_home() ) {
            remove_action( 'generate_after_entry_content', 'generate_footer_meta' );
            add_action( 'generate_before_entry_title', 'generate_footer_meta' );
        }
    }

The rest can be done with some CSS if your up for giving that a go?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.