[Resolved] Replacing text in sites from Site Library

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Replacing text in sites from Site Library

Home Forums Support Replacing text in sites from Site Library

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Grace

Hi,

I’m a newbie who just purchased Premium. I’m using a site from your Site Library (“Skin Flint”), and want to just replace the placeholder content. It’s a totally new site and new wordpress install.

However, I can’t seem to edit the header text (“Head on Lander”, button etc) of the main page.
    Under Pages, the header section just doesn’t show up. All other section blocks are there, but the header isn’t.

Also, the “Heads Up 3 Form” – how do I edit the fields? There’s nothing editable under the content section.

I guess a larger question is:
    i) are the Site Library sites fully editable? What am I missing?
    ii) is there a html editor? If you can point me there, I can just replace the placeholder text.

Thanks,
    Grace

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i) Sites are fully editable.

ii) Not sure what you mean? But the header is created with Header Element:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/

Let me know if this helps 🙂

Grace

Hi Leo,

Thanks for trying to help.
    I still can’t edit the placeholder text (I can’t find it), and it’s not about creating a new element.

I understand it’s hard to communicate like this, and it’s no fault of yours.

Actually, I made a purchase mistake, assuming it’s a drag drop/wsyiwyg builder.

I’m really sorry about this – I’m sure your product is great, but as a time-strapped newbie, the learning curve is not suitable for me right now.

As I only purchased it yesterday, would you consider a refund? I’ve also asked under “Account” support as well.

Thanks, and apologies,
    Grace

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The site you’ve chosen is definitely a hard one to modify for a beginner.

Have you considered using a site with the page builder option?

It should make it easier.

If not we are happy to process the refund as well.

Let me know 🙂

Grace

Ok I’ll play around a bit more without using imported sites.

Thanks!
    Grace

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sounds good 🙂

Peter

I am having the same issue. Can’t find where to edit “HEAD ON LANDER”. Is there any documentation explaining how to change that part?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Peter

The question is how to edit the existing header. Your documentation cover how to create a new one. These are two completely different things.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

So go to Appearance > Elements as the documentation suggested, instead of adding a new header element, find the existing one you want to edit the list of elements and click Edit.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.