[Resolved] Replacing GeneratePress Search with JetPack Search

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Replacing GeneratePress Search with JetPack Search

Home Forums Support Replacing GeneratePress Search with JetPack Search

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    WP

Hi,

I wanted to replace default WP search with JetPack search. I was hoping enabling JetPack search would replace WP search but found it does not. I also wanted to change position of Search on Primary Navigation bar to below with JetPack search. Search will be prominent feature that will be used the most on this site. Also make it mobile friendly.

https://pasteboard.co/JjB3QSp.png

Thank you

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Not sure if I fully understand.

What about the menu items?

WP

Leo,

‘Home’, ‘About’ and ‘Contact Us’ will be removed from Primary Menu. ‘Submit a Software’ will be the only Primary Menu item. I wanted to replace ‘Search’ glass icon on primary menu with ‘Search here’ input box which will be positioned between logo and ‘Submit a Software’ primary menu item.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ok can you remove the primary menu items and add in the search form using the inside_navigation hook first?

WP

Ok,

The search form is there now. I removed primary menu items and also search from it. We need to position it between logo and ‘Submit a Software’ primary menu item.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m not seeing the JetPack search form.

Can you confirm?

Can you also disable the caching plugin when we are trying to help?

WP

Leo,

I’ve decided not to enable JetPack Search. I will switch to their paid service which will not require making any changes per their support.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sounds good ๐Ÿ™‚

So we are all good here?

WP

Yes Leo.
    Marking this request as resolved.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sounds good ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.