[Resolved] Removing Content Separator Space Selectively?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Removing Content Separator Space Selectively?

Home Forums Support Removing Content Separator Space Selectively?

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Leo.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bodie

Hello!

I am working on a site where I set up most everything to be full-width via a full-width layout Element. I began to lay the page out using GenerateBlocks but noticed a pesky strip of space between my blocks and my navigation.

After much frustration, I realized it was being caused by the Content Separator option. When I reduced this to 0 in the Customizer the space went away, but so did all of the nice spacing of my blog that setting was controlling.

How do remove the Content Separator from everything except the blog, where it is serving me nicely.

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

try this CSS:

.full-width-content .entry-content {
        margin-top: 0;
    }
    Bodie

Perfect! That did the trick!

David, would you mind elaborating on the best way to determine the relevant CSS? I was using Chrome’s Inspector, but nothing I was clicking on was revealing the full-width-content class! Also, I searched for “Content” or “Separator in GeneratePress’ style.css file, but didn’t find anything.

I would love to feel like I have a better handle on understanding the CSS of this lovely theme. Are there any tools / practices you would recommend?

Thanks so much

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Chrome’s inspector is definitely the way to go.

The full-width-content class comes from this option:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/page-builder-container/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.