[Resolved] Removing author and the "by" in posts

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Removing author and the "by" in posts

Home Forums Support Removing author and the "by" in posts

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Doug

I google searched this and easily found a plug-in to remove author name ,but it doesn’t remove the “by” part. I watched a few videos of people showing how to mess with the code and remove the “by” part but i’m still worried i’ll mess it up. I notice that in my settings i have the option to hide that, but i’m not getting it to work. I’m thinking it’s only for blog posts. When i want to create a new post i just categorize it to the page i want. I don’t have a strictly blog page.

Yes i’m new to learning how to build a website. Yet I’m eager to learn.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

make sure you have the Appearance > GenratePress > Blog module Active. Then into Customiser > Layout > Blog. You have a section for Archives and Single both have an option to remove the Author πŸ™‚

Doug

Awesome, TY

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome πŸ™‚

chris

Hello,

I’ve been looking for the answer to this question and I thought the above would be exactly how I switch the author off. But it doesn’t seem to work for me at the moment.

I’ve just installed a fresh website and used the “Mellow” theme. In each post it seems to paste the author’s email address, and date. Could you please let me know how I might be able to switch that off?
    Thanks

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Chris,

In single post, the header is created with a header element in appearance > elements.

Find the one that assigned to post, remove the {{post_author}}tag from it.

Let me know πŸ™‚

chris

ahhh, thanks ying that awesome! – should of thought about that one!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem Chris πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.