[Support request] Remove title from blog archive page?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Remove title from blog archive page?

Home Forums Support Remove title from blog archive page?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nikola

Hello,

I searched forum and I did try several coded but nothing worked. Can you please help me to remove posts titles from the blog archive page.

Nikola

And one more question: how can I remove category page. I don’t use categories and want to avoid duplicate content.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Nikola,

Can you please help me to remove posts titles from the blog archive page.

You can use a layout element to remove the H2 title of posts on blog page:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-element-overview/

1. Make sure the Disable elements module and Elementsmodule are activated at appearance > GenereatePress.

2. Go to Appearance > elements, create a new layout element.

3. Under the Disable elements tab, check Content title, set Blogas location under Display rules tab.

how can I remove category page. I don’t use categories and want to avoid duplicate content.

Category archive pages are generated by WordPress automatically, it’s not something the theme can control Unfortuanly.

I would recommend reaching out to WordPress support to seek for the solution.

Lisa

Hi there – I am trying to disable the category title – not the individual post titles – that appears on a category archive page.

I understand how to set up a new element that targets the category archive page, but how do I direct that element to not show the category title? There’s no option for that – I don’t think.

I could comment out line 34 in the GeneratePress: Archives (archive.php) template — //do_action( ‘generate_archive_title’ ); — but would prefer to make this change through an admin tool if possible.

While I’m on this topic, I’m also wondering how to style the category title. I can’t find any customization option that would let me style this element.

Thanks for any/all insight!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Lisa,

This topic is not what your issue is, can you open a new topic?

Thanks for your understanding.

A quick tip to your question, search generate_archive_title in this forum.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.