[Support request] Remove Section Background Image

Home Forums Support [Support request] Remove Section Background Image

Home Forums Support Remove Section Background Image

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Leon

Hello Tom,

I was trying to remove background images for sections I used on a page. But it seems there is no option to do so.

Could you please let me know how to do it?

Thanks
    Leon

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Are you talking about Sections add-on?

If not can you link us to the page?

Leon

Hi Leo,

Yes I used the sections addon. I used sections on my home page and other pages.

I used background images for some sections, but now I dont want background images for the sections and there is no where to delete it.

You may check my home page. interpreterdatabase.com

Thanks
    Leon

Leon

Hi Leo,

Any update on this please?

Thanks
    Leon

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hey sorry not sure how this topic slipped through.

You can’t remove it in using the background image setting in Sections? https://docs.generatepress.com/article/sections-overview/#background-image

Leon

Hello Leo,

I checked the video tutorial. But on my website, there is not a delete button after uploading a picture. The uploaded image was not shown there either. It just works in the frontend.

Thanks
    Leon

Leon

Like this

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That doesn’t look like an image is uploaded at all. Are you sure that specific section has an image?

Leon

Yes Tom. Images are uploaded and can be seen in front end. I can upload another one and the current image will be raplaced. There is just no option to delete the image, nor is there a preview as I’ve seen in your video tutorial that when you select a image, you have preview or thumbnail and you have options to delete it.

I thought there could be some JS optimize plugin that caused this, but I disabled Autoptimize and the problem is still there.

Thanks
    Leon

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Here’s what it should look like: https://www.screencast.com/t/UZsvhS48

Perhaps you have a javascript error in the Dashboard being caused by another plugin?

Nathanael

I just noticed, that I have the same problem. I can not remove a background image. I solved it by making a new section an copying everything from the old to the new one.

I have this error in the console:

generate-sections-metabox.js?ver=1.5.6:301 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'url' of undefined
        at n.success (generate-sections-metabox.js?ver=1.5.6:301)
        at n.t.success (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=hoverIntent,common,admin-bar,heartbeat,autosave,wp-ajax-response,jquery-color,wp-lists,quicktags,jquery-query,admin-comments,sug&load[]=gest,jquery-ui-sortable,postbox,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-menu,wp-a11y,jquery-ui-autocomplete,tags-suggest,tags-box,underscor&load[]=e,word-count,post,editor-expand,thickbox,shortcode,backbone,wp-util,wp-backbone,media-models,wp-plupload,wp-mediaelement,wp-api-&load[]=request,media-views,media-editor,media-audiovideo,mce-view,imgareaselect,image-edit,svg-painter,wp-auth-check,editor,media-uploa&load[]=d,wplink,wp-embed&ver=4.9.2:424)
        at i (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,moxiejs,plupload&ver=4.9.2:2)
        at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,moxiejs,plupload&ver=4.9.2:2)
        at n.<anonymous> (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=hoverIntent,common,admin-bar,heartbeat,autosave,wp-ajax-response,jquery-color,wp-lists,quicktags,jquery-query,admin-comments,sug&load[]=gest,jquery-ui-sortable,postbox,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-menu,wp-a11y,jquery-ui-autocomplete,tags-suggest,tags-box,underscor&load[]=e,word-count,post,editor-expand,thickbox,shortcode,backbone,wp-util,wp-backbone,media-models,wp-plupload,wp-mediaelement,wp-api-&load[]=request,media-views,media-editor,media-audiovideo,mce-view,imgareaselect,image-edit,svg-painter,wp-auth-check,editor,media-uploa&load[]=d,wplink,wp-embed&ver=4.9.2:426)
        at i (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,moxiejs,plupload&ver=4.9.2:2)
        at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,moxiejs,plupload&ver=4.9.2:2)
        at y (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,moxiejs,plupload&ver=4.9.2:4)
        at XMLHttpRequest.c (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,moxiejs,plupload&ver=4.9.2:4)

Btw. I also deactivated all plugins, still the same error.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Are you using the most recent version of GP premium? We are at 1.5.6.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Getting that same error with no other plugins activated? Any chance you can send me temporary admin login details?: https://generatepress.com/contact/

Nathanael

@leohsiang Sure, using the newest of GP Premium and GeneratePress itself.

@generate
    Tried with all plugins (except GP Premium) deactivated. Sent you an admin login.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.