[Resolved] remove read more text from query loop

Home Forums Support [Resolved] remove read more text from query loop

Home Forums Support remove read more text from query loop

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Josh

I created a query loop for my blog page. I’ve tried doing with the gutenberg query loop and the generateblocks queryloop. With either case at the end of the loop it says “Read More”. How do I remove that? I don’t need it as I’ve created a button for the read more link. I’ve tried editing in the dynamic data to remove it but there aren’t any such options in the gutenberg version so I’m assuming something in generatePress is adding this text.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

We’ve received your support ticket in GB’s support system so we will handle it there.

Please try to avoid opening duplicated topics in the future.

Thanks!

Josh

No need to be snarky or rude LEO. I didn’t open duplicated topics on this site. One topic was opened in GenerateBlocks because that was the tool I was using and thought was causing the problem. HAVING NOT RECEIVED A RESPONSE..I continued working and found that it was likely GeneratePress that was the problem and NOT GenerateBlocks. So I then posted in the forum for GeneratePress. These are 2 different tools and have 2 different sites. Are we to assume that both tools are answered here. First time using the support system for GenerateBlocks. I get much faster responses on this site. And ALWAYS much more considerate. It’s interesting that you know there is a ticket open but took the time to chide me rather than answer it.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry – didn’t mean to be rude. Just took a quick look at the inboxes and thought it was the same topic.

My mistake.

Can you link me to the page in question?

Josh

Thanks. I guess I could have handled it better too.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Is the issue still visible?

I’m only seeing the Read More button created with GB and no other read more links:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/sxDYwrUlwo
    https://www.screencast.com/t/UOyTSdL5s9

Let me know if I’m missing something here ๐Ÿ™‚

Josh

Just above each button within the excerpt it says “Read More”. That’s being added somehow. I don’t want it there. it looks like it’s part of the paragraph so it’s not readily noticeable but it’s there.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m not able to replicate this on my end.

Are you using the custom excerpt? Are you using any custom functions?

Josh

WOW. Nevermind. I figured it out. It was a different plugin doing it. Not sure why or anything but when I disabled all plugins the “Read More” stopped. Thanks all the same. I’ll try to do better about researching before posting!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.