[Support request] Remove ‘read-more-container’ from blog page

Home Forums Support [Support request] Remove ‘read-more-container’ from blog page

Home Forums Support Remove ‘read-more-container’ from blog page

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Debbie

Hallo GP –
    Google doesn’t seem to like the generic ‘read more’ on the blog page. So I’ve removed this, by using the customise>layout>read more label. However, when I test the site using Lighthouse, I’m still getting the same ‘links do not have descriptive text’ messages that I had before I removed the text.

So it looks as if the text has disappeared from view but the ‘read-more-container’ is still there in the background and being read in the same way as before by Lighthouse, regardless of whether or not the ‘read more’ text is showing.

Firstly, can you confirm that the ‘read-more-container’ is the problem here?

If so, since I’m happy having just the post title and image clickable and would like to get rid of the ‘read more’ text/button, would it be possible also to get rid of the ‘read-more-container’ entirely? Or will this mess everything up when I update?

Thanks – Debbie

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Debbie,

The issue is with the “Read more” text.

Here’s Ying’s response which perfectly explains the issue: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/generatepress-category-read-more-links-do-not-have-descriptive-text/#post-2050495

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.