[Support request] remove license key/block site from using my license key

Home Forums Support [Support request] remove license key/block site from using my license key

Home Forums Support remove license key/block site from using my license key

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Elisabeth

Hi there
    I’m handing over a GP site to someone else who will be using their own license key for GP pro.
    Because the license key is ‘asterisked out’ in the settings area of the site my questions are:
    1) how can I tell if they have added their own license key and stop them using mine?
    2) can I block the site from using my license key from within my GP account on the generatepress.com site without blocking the new person’s license key?
    Thank you!
    Liz

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

simplest option is to go to your Account > Downloads ( on generatepress.com ) and under Purchase History click View Licenses and then click Manage Sites. You can remove any Domain you from the license.

Elisabeth

I had hoped that would work but I’ve actually forgotten to add quite a number of my urls (where I have GP Pro used) to that list and the updates still work fine so long as I’ve got the license key in the settings on the installation itself…

Is there a way of actually blocking an install of GP Pro on a specific wordpress install/url from using a specific license key? The new person in charge may decide they want to buy a license and enter their own license key into the settings.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

That list should auto populate when the key is activated….
    In this case then i would simply go to Appearance > GeneratePress and delete the license key and click Save Key.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.