[Support request] Remove Jquery

Home Forums Support [Support request] Remove Jquery

Home Forums Support Remove Jquery

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Farhan

For a project I want to remove jquery from frontend and usually the following code would do that but since some of the generatepress modules use it it still loads.

is there any way to remove it even if it breaks stuff for now without editing any core files?

add_filter( 'wp_default_scripts', 'change_default_jquery' );

function change_default_jquery( &$scripts){
        if(!is_admin()){
            $scripts->remove( 'jquery');
            $scripts->add( 'jquery', false, array( 'jquery-core' ), '1.10.2' );
        }
    }
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The next version of GP doesn’t use jQuery. You can download the beta on our GitHub page: https://github.com/tomusborne/generatepress

Farhan

Awsome, When’s the estimated official release and does the auto update work from beta?

Thank yoU!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Likely a couple weeks. Yes, you’ll still receive Dashboard updates if you install the beta ๐Ÿ™‚

Farhan

Awesome going too install in that case!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome, let me know if you run into any problems ๐Ÿ™‚

John

Hi Tom,

I am also looking to disabling jquery on my website. Has this feature already been implemented in the newest release version or is it still in beta?

Farhan

@John

The 2 version of the theme has already removed jquery. Pretty awesome! checkout the details at https://generatepress.com/generatepress-2-0/

John

Thanks.

Looks like it is updated on the theme but I use the GP Premium plugin and whenever I have it activated, it is loading jquery. Is there any workaround for that?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Certain elements in GP Premium still require jQuery. We’ll be slowly converting them to vanilla javascript as time/technology allows.

For example, the slideout navigation will be using vanilla js soon.

Things like the sticky menu or masonry will still require jQuery going forward.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.