[Resolved] Remove indent/padding on featured images (masonry)

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Remove indent/padding on featured images (masonry)

Home Forums Support Remove indent/padding on featured images (masonry)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    NBC

My posts’ home page is set up using masonry in 2 columns. The right (and only) sidebar also displays related posts.

In the Customizer (Layout/Blog), I’ve set featured images to appear as follows:
    Alignment: Left

These settings apply to archives, posts, and pages.

My problem is that on the Posts page and on category pages, the featured images are not left aligned. They appear to be indented or padded at the left, or centered relative to post text. (When posts appear in the sidebar, the featured images are not indented, padded, or centered. They are correctly left aligned.)

I’ve used Firebug to look numerous times for the right CSS to adjust, but I cannot get rid of this indent. Where do I find it? Thanks in advance for pointers.

[Site is under development on localhost, so no link to share.]

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Are you able to duplicate the setting/problem on a live server so we can see the issue?

Thanks!

NBC

You can’t just tell me the id or selector that’s involved? It’s the featured image as it appears in masonry.

If I have to put this online live, it will have to wait. (Not trying to be difficult; just don’t have the time right now. I thought my description above was detailed and precise enough.)

NBC

An update: In desperation, I brought up Firebug again and prospected through the CSS. When I made this change to my child theme, the problem was solved.

.generate-columns-activated.post-image-aligned-left .generate-columns-container article:not(.featured-column) .post-image, .generate-columns-activated.post-image-aligned-right .generate-columns-container article:not(.featured-column) .post-image {text-align: left!important;}

Without the !important, the change doesn’t appear.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad you figured out.

It’s best to let us see the site if you have questions like this in the future. Is will speed up the whole process.

Thanks 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.