[Support request] Remove GP Metabox – CPT

Home Forums Support [Support request] Remove GP Metabox – CPT

Home Forums Support Remove GP Metabox – CPT

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    wekhter

Hi Tom,

I’ve found various posts on the forum about removing individual metaboxes from GP Premium on a CPT (ex. remove page header, sidebar layout, etc), but since the change to have them all included in one tabbed metabox is there a new way to remove all of them at once? I have a few non-front-facing CPTs I’d like to make as simple as possible for editors I’m collaborating with.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

You should be able to just change the metabox capability using this hook: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/generate_metabox_capability/

To see some examples, search generate_metabox_capability on this forum.

wekhter

Hi Leo,

When I mentioned the editors I didn’t mean I wanted to hid the meta boxes from them, that’s just why I’m finally bothering to do anything about it (previously I was the only person editing the site so I didn’t care as much). I need the meta boxes gone for the specific CPT regardless of anyone’s capabilities, it’s not a front-facing CPT (no permalinks).

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

This should do it:

add_action( 'add_meta_boxes', 'tu_remove_layout_meta_box', 999 );
    function tu_remove_layout_meta_box() {
    	remove_meta_box('generate_layout_options_meta_box', 'your_post_type', 'normal');
    }

If it’s not a public post type, you can set the public parameter when registering the CPT to false. That way the metabox won’t show up in the first place.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.