[Resolved] Remove File Icon w/ Category from bottom of Post w/o removing Category Meta

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Remove File Icon w/ Category from bottom of Post w/o removing Category Meta

Home Forums Support Remove File Icon w/ Category from bottom of Post w/o removing Category Meta

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michelle

How do I remove the file icon/category from the bottom of posts on my GeneratePress blog page and move the “Read More” button to the right? I have CSS that adds a Category field to Meta (thanks to Elvin) and when I indicate in Customize that I want to remove Categories, it removes the Category in Meta as well as the file icon and category from the bottom of the post.) I don’t want to lose the CSS from Elvin, but I do want the file icon and category to be removed.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

You can remove the category icon from display by adding this CSS:

span.gp-icon.icon-categories {
        display: none;
    }

This specifically targets the category icon only. The category links will be retained. πŸ™‚

Michelle

That removed the icon, but not the Category, so I’m halfway there. I only want categories from the bottom of the post removed, but keep the one in the meta on the top under the title

Also, can I move the “Read More” Button to the right?

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ah right my bad.

We can remove the whole post footer meta so everything in it doesn’t display.

article.post footer.entry-meta{
    display:none;
    }

As for moving the “Read more” button to the right, add this:

article.post p.read-more-container {
        text-align: right;
    }
    Michelle

Thank you! πŸ™‚

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thank you! πŸ™‚

No problem. πŸ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.