[Support request] Remove featured image from some posts in Dispatch theme

Home Forums Support [Support request] Remove featured image from some posts in Dispatch theme

Home Forums Support Remove featured image from some posts in Dispatch theme

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by David.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    David

Hello, I’ve been trying to remove the featured image from some of my posts in the Dispatch theme (by checking the Featured Image / Page Header checkbox under Disable Elements) but it doesn’t seem to work.

For reference, I removed that theme and installed Broadcast to see if I could remove the featured image and it worked perfectly. It just doesn’t seem to work in the Dispatch theme. Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the Dispatch Site uses WP Show Posts to create the home page, so disabling the featured image does not apply to the Home page, it will if you visit the Blog or a Category archive.

To remove them from the home page you would have to disable them all in the relevant WP Show Posts list. This article explains the various lists the site uses:

https://gpsites.co/dispatch/using-wp-show-posts/

David

Hi, thanks for the response. My homepage is fine, I want the featured images to show there. But I don’t a post’s featured image to show under the header when I open that specific post and land on its page.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Aah ok – the Single Posts uses a Header Element. More info here:

https://gpsites.co/dispatch/page-and-post-heroes/

To remove them from specific posts you must use the Exclude display rules in the post header element. Simplest method would be to exclude posts based on a specific post category or tag

David

It finally worked now, thank you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.