[Resolved] Remove blog post title and change it to simply “blog”

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Remove blog post title and change it to simply “blog”

Home Forums Support Remove blog post title and change it to simply “blog”

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    M

Hi,

How can I change my site so that blog post titles do not appear at the top, and instead it just says “blog”?

Attaching image below. Thank you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

that looks like you have a Block Element or Header Element on your site, both are found in appearance Elements.
    Whilst viewing the page you can see which elements are being loaded in the Admin Bar > Elements. Edit the Hero one to change its content or display rules.

M

On each post page I have two elements active: Header and Global Page Hero.

I attached an image of the Global Page Hero. I removed the location rule “Posts” –> “All posts” and that did not work, it just messed up the background color (see image).

What I need is to the remove the blog post title, and simply have the same wording “Blog” to be displayed at the top of each blog post. I am not sure how to do so.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sounds like you need to create a new block page hero specific for single posts and just use the static text “Blog” as the content.

The rest of the settings can be copied from the Global Page Hero.

M

Thank you. I did that and it just replicated the title. See image.

I am also attaching the settings I have – I am sure I put something wrong there.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you make sure the Global Page Hero doesn’t have the posts > all posts assigned in the display rules?

M

I removed that, and the “double” title disappears, however it still shows the blog post title and not the title “blog”. See image.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you link us to the page in question with all caching cleared and disabled?

M

I put the link of the page below. As you can see it doesn’t say blog; it still shows the title of the post. Thank you.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you make sure the dynamic headline is turned off?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/dynamic-data/#dynamic-text-type

M

That worked. Thank you!!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Remove blog post title and change it to simply “blog”’ is closed to new replies.