[Support request] Related/ Popular Posts widget

Home Forums Support [Support request] Related/ Popular Posts widget

Home Forums Support Related/ Popular Posts widget

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Sam

Hello,

Is it possible to create a related or popular post widget for the sidebar and under blog posts that would pull from the category and have images next to it? Attaching my old site below to give you an idea of what I mean.

Thank you,
    Sam

Sam

Sorry – never attached the site!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you can use the WP Show Posts plugin:

https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/wp-show-posts/

Once thats installed – create a new WPSP list, were you can set the number of posts you want displayed, columns etc.
    It will provide a shortcode that looks like this:

[wp_show_posts id="123"]

Take a note of the id

Then create a new Hook Element, and in that hook text area add this code with the correct id

[wp_show_posts id="123" settings="taxonomy=category&tax_term=current"]

Set the Hook to: generate_after_content
    Check the Execute Shortcodes option.
    And set the Display Rules Location to Posts > All posts.

Sam

Following up pretty late on this topic, but are there any videos to show me how to do this? I downloaded the plugin, but I am not too sure how to use it. I am trying to create a custom homepage that will still pull my latest blog posts.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Sam,

Following up pretty late on this topic, but are there any videos to show me how to do this? I downloaded the plugin, but I am not too sure how to use it. I am trying to create a custom homepage that will still pull my latest blog posts.

WP Show Posts has a demo video on the home page – https://wpshowposts.com/

You can watch the video and then ask us if some things are unclear. 😀

Barış İlke

Hello. It’s all working until “current”. If i write specific categories there it works well, however whenever i go “current” it just shows random posts from all categories. Any ideas? Thanks.

Barış İlke

Hello. It’s all working until “current”. If i write specific categories there it works well, however whenever i go “current” it just shows random posts from all categories. Any ideas? Thanks.

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Baris,

Can you try manually re-typing the shortcode? Sometimes, copying and pasting causes issues with syntax.

Kindly let us know how it goes. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.