[Support request] PHP memory limit error

Home Forums Support [Support request] PHP memory limit error

Home Forums Support PHP memory limit error

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    nick

After several attempts, I was finally able to install GP Premium. I then activated the add-ons I will be using, then click Themes> Customize button on the GeneratePress thumbnail and I am greeted with the following message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3072 bytes) in /…./…./…./wp-admin/includes/misc.php on line 259 (I removed the path names).

I don’t know too much about PHP files. The following are lines 252 through 272 from misc.php:

/**
    * Update the “recently-edited” file for the plugin or theme editor.
    * @since 1.5.0
    * @param string $file
    */
    function update_recently_edited( $file ) {
    $oldfiles = (array ) get_option( ‘recently_edited’ );
    if ( $oldfiles ) {
    $oldfiles = array_reverse( $oldfiles );
    $oldfiles[] = $file;
    $oldfiles = array_reverse( $oldfiles );
    $oldfiles = array_unique( $oldfiles );
    if ( 5 < count( $oldfiles ))
    array_pop( $oldfiles );
    } else {
    $oldfiles[] = $file;
    }
    update_option( ‘recently_edited’, $oldfiles );
    }

GP Premium was downloaded and installed in a fresh new WordPress account ver. 4.9.4. There are no other plugins installed to this account, yet, just one WP theme and two images in the media library. I have now uninstalled GP Premium. Your theme sounded so promising, though I just don’t have the time to resolve these issues. Please issue a refund. Thank you kindly for your attention to this request.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I just issued your refund.

For anyone else running into memory issues, it’s usually caused by your hosting have the value set too low. It can be fixed by upping the limit: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/increasing-php-memory-limit/

nick

Hello Tom,

Thank you for the quick reply, and quick refund. I read your documentation on Increasing PHP Memory Limit. In short, it describes adding define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘128M’); to the wp-config.php file. In my wp-config.php file, there is a line define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ ); Any explanation why then I experienced the Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted message?

If this issue were to be easily resolved, I believe then I would be quite content with your GP Premium. Thank you in advance should you decide to reply.

Nick

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That limit is only 33M. It’s likely that your hosting has it hard-set in their php.ini file, so it’s ignores the WP set value.

It should be as simple as contacting your host and asking them to increase it.

nick

Hello Tom,

Thank you again for the quick replies. I forwarded your suggestion to my hosting provider. This was an excerpt from the reply: “The memory issue should now be resolved. Please retry to install the plugin.”

My question to you, Tom, is; I will repurchase GP Premium, do I have another 30 days for refund should I not be able to install? Thanks again for your reply.

Nick

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Absolutely 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.