Celebrating 7 Years! Get up to $30 off GeneratePress Premium!

[Support request] Reduce the use of resources: how to reduce executions with the sources of GP?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Reduce the use of resources: how to reduce executions with the sources of GP?

Home Forums Support Reduce the use of resources: how to reduce executions with the sources of GP?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Diego Fernando

Hi. Thank you very much for the help

I’m hosted on siteground, but recently I got an email stating that I have reached 80% of the daily allowable use of 20000 CPU seconds per account.

Reviewing how I can reduce it, they tell me that I must reduce the use of resources, within what I have as an option to reduce the number of executions of my website.

When I see the executions by pages, I see:

“/wp-content/themes/generatepress/fonts/generatepress.woff2” has a large part of the executions (see image: https://ibb.co/n7ukdJ)

At the moment I have inherit and open sans from google fonts. Is there anything I can do to reduce resources?

Thinking about the previous question, it could be a solution to store the google sources locally in my server. In this case, I only use one source.

Would it reduce the loading time and with that the use of resources?

Greetings and thanks again for the help!

GeneratePress 2.1.2
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That file is the built in theme icons, which is necessary for things like dropdown arrows in the menus etc..

However, it’s a tiny file (1kb), so I definitely wouldn’t worry about it – it’s not going to use up all of your resources at all.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.