[Resolved] Reduce padding on top of widget text in header

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Reduce padding on top of widget text in header

Home Forums Support Reduce padding on top of widget text in header

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Pierre Robert

Hello!

I’m stuck and I need some help with the layout of the header. There is a logo on the left and I want to include a short text to the far right. I can’t align the text vertically.

Can someone help?

Many thanks,
    Pierre

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Pierre,

Can I see your website so I can help out with some CSS for you?

Thanks!

Pierre Robert

Hi Tom!

Thanks for being so helpful. I just started doing this website for my daughter.

Here is the link: http://www.vir.saticomm.ca
    Pierre

Pierre Robert

Hi Tom!

Thanks for being so helpful. I just started doing this website for my daughter.

Here is the link: http://www.vir.saticomm.ca

Pierre

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m not able to view without being logged in – can you send me login info to support@generatepress.com?

Thanks!

Pierre Robert

Sorry.

Just use “**” for username and password.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It looks like you’re using a panel grid widget which is adding the extra padding.

Have you tried just using a regular Text widget for this as it’s plain text?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Pierre Robert

I’m using a SiteOrigine PageBuilder widget.I’m using the visual editor widget because I couldn’t modify the font to Monserrat. And I couldn’t align the text the way I wanted to.

Hope this helps.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

In that Page Builder widget is there an option for you to adjust the padding? It looks like it has 20px of inline padding added to the element, which typically means there’s an option somewhere in the widget where you can adjust it.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Pierre Robert

There was a 20px padding that I brought down to 0px. It helps a bit. Would it be possible to obtain that particular layout without having to use SiteOrigin PageBuilder?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I believe you could just add that text to a Text widget and check the “Automatically add paragraphs” option.

Pierre Robert

I tried everything I could think of (I think), but nothing seems to work. I imported a Header extension, but I can’t install it. It says that GP doesn’t support custom headers.

Thanks again for your quick response.

Have a great weekend,
    Pierre

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Custom Headers are an old WordPress thing – we use the Customizer now πŸ™‚

So adding a regular text widget didn’t work? The font you have is applied to all paragraphs, so just checking the “Automatically add paragraphs” checkbox in the text widget should get the exact same results as the page builder widget.

Pierre Robert

I’m almost there. I used PageBuilder widget with one row in the header, in which I inserted a RichText Editor widget (both SiteOrigin) and I set up the row to be full length. I did what you suggested and the text is played out like I want it and in line with the logo.

Now if I could only move the logo to the left, in line with the first menu item. I set it up to go align to the left, but it doesn’t work.

Thanks again,
    Pierre

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Pierre,

Any reason why you’re not uploading the logo in “Customize > Site Identity”? It looks like you added it as part of the page builder?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.