[Resolved] Recovering GP Settings

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Recovering GP Settings

Home Forums Support Recovering GP Settings

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Erika

Hi there,

after a critical WP failure I had to create a new WP installation for a site.

I could recover the content in the database by exporting and importing the wp_posts directory of the original database.

I also copied the wp_content directory via FTP. However all GP general settings, site settings are lost. GB settings on the pages seem to exist. But I have lost all created elements (header, footer), all css from the customizer and all settings in the customizer. In fact the whole design. Can you help? Are these settings stored in the database somewhere? Or are they stored someplace else in the WordPress installation else than wp-content?

Thanks, you would save me about 20 hours…

Erika

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Erika,

All GP settings are stored in wp_options table in the database.

Additional CSS on the other hand is stored in wp_posts with custom_css as its post type.

Our best advice for cases like these is to restore the site through a backup if there is one. It may be good to check if your hosting provider has a recent backup of your site.

Hope this clarifies!

Erika

Hi Fernando,

thanks, I get the backup this morning, of course that is always the best solution, however that loses a day work that I can get back with your information 😉

Thanks so much!

Erika

Fernando
    Customer Support

You’re welcome Erika!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.