[Resolved] Recovering a webpage

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Recovering a webpage

Home Forums Support Recovering a webpage

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mike

Hi,

I had nearly finished my contacts page in Services, with Ninja Forms nearly working and then I made the mistake of pasting a hit counter on the page.

This counter works perfectly on my homepage, but as soon as I updated the Cpntact page the container(s) between the header and the footer disappeared, so;

1. Is there a way of getting back to where I was? If not, what is the best way to keep a backup?
    2. Is there a way I can reload the original Contacts page from Services?
    3. I used the default Contact Me form in Ninja Forms as this already had a email field, but to all appearances this is just a text box – how does it know where to send the email to as the two tests I sent didn’t come through, but received acknowledgements into the sending mailbox?

Thanks,

Mike

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Mike,

That’s strange, do you see any of the content while editing the page?

You may want to look into Revisions: https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/complete-guide-to-wordpress-post-revisions/

As for Ninja Forms, this should help: https://ninjaforms.com/docs/email/

Mike

Hi Tom,

In my current Contacts page, whatever view, I just see the Header and Footer.

I can easily use the plug in, Duplicate Page. to cannabalise another page to recreate a new Contacts one. I had intended to keep copies of all pages, unless your link comes up with someone better.

Trying to google a guide on GP, I just came up with reference manuals – a bit like telling someone to learn English from scratch and giving them a dictionary.

Unlike other themes that take you through from beginning to end, your Youtube contributors are full of enthusiasm for GP, but short on detail. You guys are really busy helping us, so maybe an idea to commission someone to present a definitive “Idiot’s Guide to using GeneratePress” video?

Anyway, thanks for your ongoing help and I will check out your links now.

Mike

Mike

Thanks Tom = Contacts page recovered and Ninjas working now.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I agree, video tutorials are needed. I’m trying to come up with the best way to do that – I’ll get it sorted 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.