[Support request] recipe in post or page

Home Forums Support [Support request] recipe in post or page

Home Forums Support recipe in post or page

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    keiron

Hi, I am creating a recipe website where I will be constantly adding new recipes. For every new recipe i would like them to cover the whole space in between the header and footer with a video, the recipe on the right of the video and photo underneath. See diagram below:

———————-
    Header
    ———————–
    |……….|…………|
    |Video|Recipe|
    |……….|…………|
    Footer
    ———————–

I want to regularly be able to use this template for a new recipe, easily adding the video, recipe, and photograph to the space. I am not sure if a post or page would be best for this job, and how I would go about this.

I hope i explained that well enough. Thank you.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Any chance you can link me to an example?

keiron

I think this would be the best example https://wernerhappyeats.com/bakingandsnacks/2017/11/8/gluten-free-banana-bread

The difference is that where the photo is i would embed a youtube video, the recipe on the right would be done using wp Ultimate recipe plugin and i would have a photo spanning the width of the video and recipe underneath.

cheers.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You could use a columns plugin: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/gridable/

Place the video in the left column, and the recipe shortcode (I assume it’s a shortcode?) in the right column.

keiron

awesome, this seems like a good option! first, would i be better off doing this in a post or page?

…and also with either would i be able to have a ready made template of the space with identical layout so i can regularly click and embed the new content for a new recipe, easily adding the video, recipe, and photograph to the space. I also have elementor Pro if that helps!

I will be using wordpress ultimate recipe.

Thanks for the help!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I would say a post, or even a custom post type if you’re able to create one.

You would need a developer to set you up with a template like that – I’m not aware of a way to build something like that using a plugin.

That’s not to say something out there doesn’t exist, I just haven’t stumbled across anything yet.

keiron

Really appreciate the help! What would be your opinion on using your own wp grid columns as opposed to gridable for this? also in terms of custom post types, what would be the best method and option to complement generate press?

regards.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Either should work great until Gutenberg comes out. Then columns will finally be built into the editor, and you won’t need a plugin.

Something like PODS may be worth checking out: https://pods.io/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.