[Support request] recaptcha v2 Checkbox not showing in Generatepress only, works in other themes

Home Forums Support [Support request] recaptcha v2 Checkbox not showing in Generatepress only, works in other themes

Home Forums Support recaptcha v2 Checkbox not showing in Generatepress only, works in other themes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Dale

Hi there

recaptcha v2 Checkbox is not showing in Generatepress only, it works in other themes.

I use the Health Check & Troubleshooting plugin to disable all plugins and change themes.

With theme Twenty Twenty recaptcha works.

However not with Generatepress. Even with all plugins disabled.

I appreciate your advice thank you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you share a link to the GP site where the recaptcha is not working ?

Dale

Hi David thank you for your reply.

The link is here

https://locateconference.com/contact

Where the “CAPTCHA” title is should be the recaptcha.

Thanks very much
    Dale

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you temporarily disable your child theme to see if that is interfering ?

Dale

David I’ve tested with Generatepress parent theme activated already thanks.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry i just saw an error in the console that points to a child theme folder – tcc_child_theme its unrelated to reCaptcha but something is making the request, hence why i thought a child theme was enabled.

The Theme itself doesn’t know what you add to the page, and doesn’t interfere with how content is rendered. So something else is interfering with that. If switching themes fixes the issue then i would begin looking at an Custom Functions / Hooks that are added to site. Secondly any plugins in case there is a conflict.

Dale

Thanks David good advice re custom hooks I will check that out and report back.

You are right it is using a gp child theme btw I meant to say I’ve tested the parent theme with same issue.

Dale

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Let us know what you find 🙂

Dale

David I removed any elements or hooks. Any further advice thank you. I double check recaptcha works with Twenty Twenty theme.

Thanks
    Dale

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I’m not seeing a “CAPTCHA” title on the page right now. Is the field still enabled?

Dale

Yep certainly is enabled. I disabled the title “CAPTCHA”. Testing everything!

FYI even the form preview shows the recaptcha fine – inside the Gravity Forms editor in WP Admin.

Could it be order of JS or anything like that?

I notice when Twenty Twenty is active the source code shows a bunch more than when GP is active.

Would you like me to post the 2 themes relevant bit of source code for the form recaptcha?

Marty

Any chance you’ve deferred/optimized the Javascript on that page? I have GeneratePress and used reCaptcha without any issues until I made an error in Autoptomize/Async Javascript related to the JS code (caused it not to appear).

Disabling that removed the problem.

Dale

Hi Marty I will take a look. I’m not the only manager of this site so I will dig deeper.

Thanks
    Dale

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

To add to Marty’s comment:

Caching and plugin’s merge JS(w3 total cache) or aggregate JS(autoptimize) can make some plugins stop working properly. Some plugins have issues when their .js files gets merged along with the other theme or plugin’s scripts.

Setting script exclusion from aggregation/merge js can fix some issues.

Dale

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your continued support.

I’ve tried everything and checked everything as advised.

I’ve added the really simple captcha plugin and used it’s integration with Gravity Forms which works, unlike the Google recaptcha.

Something buried within this site’s particular config that we will have to keep digging to find.

Please close this ticket and thanks again.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.