- This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 months, 1 week ago by Leo.
November 10, 2021 at 2:14 pm #1999214Andy
After pulling my hair out for a week, I’ve finally figured out a way to replicate this bug for you.
A fresh import of the Realtor demo reveals that some pages break on load (randomly). It doesn’t always happen, but it certainly does.
– I have a fresh install of WordPress, I’ve tried PHP 7.4, 8, and 8.1.
– I have the latest version of WordPress
– I use Cloudflare DNS with proxy enabled and disabled.
– I’ve flushed cache as well as my own dns cache.
– I’ve experiement with Siteground and Kinsta hosting.
– I’ve also tested on multiple computers and multiple browsers.
– I do not have any other plugins installed either.
– PHP error logs doesn’t report anything significant
– Server error logs do not report anything significant
Overall, this is most certainly a bug on GeneratePress’s Realtor end. In fact, I’ve created a demo video for you.
You can replicate the bug yourself; simply add a new domain, with a fresh install of wordpress and generatepress, and import the Realtor demo and start clicking pages.
Please watch this video (2 minutes):
Can you guys please work with Tom to figure this out? I’m really concerned because I gotta show a bunch of sample sites to some clients soon and they’re going to have a bad first impression when pages break randomly.November 10, 2021 at 2:51 pm #1999238LeoStaffCustomer Support
Try selecting Inline Embedding instead of External File in GB’s setting:
More info here: https://docs.generateblocks.com/article/unstyled-content/
Let me know if this helps 🙂November 10, 2021 at 2:59 pm #1999251Andy
Well damn… I think… so far so good. Crossing my fingers. Thank you so much!
But why? Why is External File enabled by default if it can cause pages to break? I saw it breaking in another demo too. This was with Kinsta and Siteground, two major providers.November 10, 2021 at 3:08 pm #1999269Andy
Ok, multiple tests confirm ‘inline’ is the way to go. Closing ticket.
Thanks again Leo. Man, I lost a week on this, wish there had been a warning message for ‘external file’ somewhere lol.November 10, 2021 at 5:32 pm #1999373
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.