[Support request] Read More buttons broken for posts

Home Forums Support Read More buttons broken for posts

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Leo 6 days, 21 hours ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Therese

Hello,
    I’m experiencing a problem where my posts are showing a summary with a Read More link. The Read More link does not work. The page refreshes, and reverts back to the summary without displaying the full post. My content is build within WordPress, and I’m using the standard post functionality. I’ve not added nor deleted any of the elements within the theme. I set my home page to static, and posts to “Thought Leadership.” I originally set the reading setting to “summary.” When the Read More link did not work, I switched to full text and re-published the post. Neither Chrome nor Edge resolve the post in full text, and the Read More button does not work. I’ve cleared the cache in both browsers to no avail. I’ve enabled the “share to social” feature in order to share the post in Facebook and LinkedIn. I also have the free Yoast plug-in for SEO installed.
    I’m relying on my website for marketing, and my audience can’t read my content. I’m on GeneratePress premium, and I have the most up-to-date version.
    I’m hoping you can help.

Leo Customer Support

Hi there,

I’ve actually not seen this exact issue before so we will have to do a bit of debugging.

– Can you first disable all plugins except GP Premium to eliminate any plugin conflicts?

– If the above doesn’t work, can you try resaving the permalink settings in WordPress?
    https://wordpress.org/support/article/settings-permalinks-screen/

– It is definitely strange that even the post title just leads back to the same page. Can you try activating a twenty series WordPress theme to see if the same issue occurs?

Let me know 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.